My Blog List

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Creativity and New Media

Today for the first time I sign up to a virtual world. I went to the Second Life website and created my avatar. 


First, I google Second Life, the search engine returned 2,210,000,000 websites with Second Life being the first two websites. I went to the website and click sign up. Right away it sends you to a page where you selected your avatar. After selecting my avatar I created my account. It asked you to enter a username, your email address, date of birth, and password, then you can choose the type of membership. They offer a free account and a premium account for $6 per month.  I selected the free account. I was then send to the above page. In the menu you can choose your destination and interact with other players. It has a chat room. 












I got to experience snow in a hot summer afternoon. It's pretty cool indeed. It awakes the imagination and incites the creativity bug. 




4 comments:

  1. Interesting what you you were able to come across in your search for second life. Is it something that you will consider participating in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting. ...im not sure how I feel abouy virtual worlds...because I think they waste valuable time that we can be using to do something better in real life. However, they could be entertaining and even great for the "daydreamers" who can create a whole nrw identity nland world for themselves through the avatar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting. I never got the chance to experience virtual worlds ut you just made more interested in creating one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments. @Darnell, this is my first experience with virtual world and it surprised me how much I enjoyed it and how it enticed my imagination. I would like explored it in a more deeply content...@Alexandria, I think is useful because the major complaint of the present generation is the lack of creativity. One of the criticism of our current educational system is that we are being "programmed" instead of allowing us to discover and explore our unique capabilities and talents. I feel that by being allow to "daydream" great things can be accomplished......@Tiffany, Glad it got your attention.

    ReplyDelete