My Blog List

Monday, June 24, 2013

Social Networking Sites

   I was born in the 70s. I come from a generation where socializing was getting together with friends and family over the weekends. We would gather together at the dinner table or on a trip to the beach. As researchers have noted, People my age tends to resist changes. It's why is not a surprise I have to register to MySpace and Orkut in order to complete this assignment. I will start with my impressions of Facebook. At present time Facebook is in the social networking community what Michael Jackson was to the pop music community in the 90s. 
     I find the site is easy to navigate. You can find friends and long lost relatives using the site. You can freely update your status and effectively communicate with your friends, post photos and videos. 
     MySpace, like Facebook, is a social networking community in which you can get in contact with family and friends. You can post photos and videos, and also you can customize your page unlike Facebook.
     Orkut is popular in Brazil and India. I find the site less sophisticated than Facebook and Myspace. You can post videos and photos, and update your status like Facebook.
     On the other hand, I find Twitter effective but informal and incomplete. While Facebook, MySpace, and Orkut allowed unrestricted amount of characters to publicly communicate with others, Twitter only allows 140 characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment